Food to feed your whole family!

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Long Time

I can't believe that I haven't posted since August. Well, a lot has happened since then. My husband lost his job in May of last year and I was ok with it for a while. I had the wonderful opportunity to be the colorguard instructor at Springville High School last fall and I poured all my energy into that. Around October I became depressed and didn't do much of anything. My hubby got a seasonal job in November and is still there part time (I am very thankful for that!) Anyway, a few weeks ago I made the decision to improve my health and it has been great...hard but great! This time the decision was different because it came from spending more time with God; reading His Word, praying and reading books that encouraged me spiritually and emotionally. This time it's not about how fat I am. It's about taking care of my body the way God wants me too. He wants me to put good things into it and learn the discipline of excercise. My attitude is different, my relationships with my husband and my son are different and I have so much more energy. My husband has been very supportive of this change and even joined me at the gym a few days ago! My sister has been a huge part of this too! We meet at the church to walk/run, workout and play with our boys. It has been so much fun!!! I could not be doing this without her :)
I have been cooking and I will post some things soon...especially since Super Bowl Sunday is coming up!
Happy 2009 to all!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! And I couldn't do all the workout stuff without you either. It is great to have a partner to keep you motivated! We are going to get healthy!

deLa said...

im glad too. and wow! i love your outlook, i never thought about it that way. thanks erin :D