Food to feed your whole family!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Boneless Ribs...a wonderful idea!

So I like the flavor of ribs, but not the mess. I have found the perfect solution...boneless country style ribs. No, they are not exactly the same but they are close enough for me! I have had them before, crockpot style, and they were good...but not like "rib" good. I have been looking for a recipe that would make these ribs taste like "RIBS" for a long time and finally found one worthy of trying. They were wonderful!!! I forgot the take pics because I was sooooo hungry after smelling them for 2 hours. I found the recipe here and added/changed a few things. My changes are in italics.



BAR-B-Q COUNTRY STYLE RIBS (adapted from Cooks.com recipe)

1 cup ketchup (I added about 1/4 cup more)
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar because I like my bbq a little sweeter, however I think I'll try regular vinegar next time to see the difference)
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tbsp. brown sugar (I doubled this making it 4 tbsp)
Sprinkle garlic powder (I like garlic so I sprinkled a lot)
1 small onion, chopped fine
I added 2 drops of liquid smoke, black pepper and a little salt to taste.
2 to 3 lbs. boneless country style ribs

Place ribs in 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. While ribs are browning, mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour grease from ribs. Pour sauce over ribs and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours (mine only took 1 1/2 hours, I used a thermometer to know when they were done) basting once or twice during cooking time. Serves 4 to 6.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I can't wait to try them! Taylor loves ribs.

Unknown said...

We LOVE ribs... and I am always wanting to mix it up a little!