Food to feed your whole family!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Friends and Good Food

Who could ask for anything more? This weekend I got to visit with some old friends and their families. Of course food was involved. My friend Angela made some country style ribs and potatoes. Well, I couldn't pass up the chance to cook for friends so I made barbeque baked beans. They got rave reviews so I'll definately make them next time we cook out!
I didn't take a picture but here's the recipe...super simple.


Barbeque Baked Beans
Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/2-1 lb ground beef
1/2 bell pepper
1/4-1/2 vidalia onion (depending on how much onion you like, i tried using a white onion before and it's not the same)
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
1/2 cup plain barbeque sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 cans regular pork-n-beans

In a skillet with a little evoo, cook the onion and pepper. When almost done add the garlic. Put in a large bowl and set aside. In the same pan cook the beef. When done drain and add to the veggies. Mix in everything else and put in a 13x9 casserole dish. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Best when served warm!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

AWESOME!! I WILL TRY THIS...