Food to feed your whole family!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Taco Ring




We actually had this a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had much time to post lately. My family loves this meal. I think this was a Pampered Chef recipe that my mom fixed for me. I've just re-created it and modified to our liking. It's so easy and everyone can add the fixings that they like. I hope you enjoy!



Taco Ring



1 lb groud beef

2 cans crescent rolls (8 count each)

1/2 tbsp cumin

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tsp garlic powder

salt & pepper



mexican blend shredded cheese (or cheddar if you like)

shredded lettuce

salsa

bell pepper

sour cream

chopped cilantro

any other taco toppings you like



This picture has fewer crescent rolls because that's what I had. It usually comes out more like a rectangle than a circle!



Brown the ground beef in a skillet seasoning with salt & pepper, cumin, chili and garlic powder. Drain and set to the side. On a baking sheet, I like to use the Pampered Chef stoneware baking sheet, lay out the crescent rolls in pairs. Lay one crescent roll triangle with the 90 degree corner to the left, then take another crescent roll with the 90 degree corner to the right and over lap them. Repeat making a circle. Spoon some of the ground beef into each pair (we add some cheese also) and fold the skinny ends over and across to the opposite corner. When all are filled bake following the directions on the crescent roll package. When I want to get fancy I cut the top off a bell pepper and scoop out the seeds and fill with salsa. You can do another to serve sour cream, cheese or lettuce. I also put the remaining beef in the middle of the ring before serving for those who prefer a little extra meat. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve!

No comments: