Food to feed your whole family!

Monday, May 19, 2008

"Pork Chops and Applesauce"

That would be what my toddler had. As for me and my husband, we had pork chops and corn salsa. My local grocer had pork chops for sale so I began looking for a new recipe. I found a very promising "Parmesan-crusted Pork Chop" recipe at Delish. She suggested serving them with a lemon wedge so I thought my corn salsa would make a great side. They were a perfect match!


Here is my corn salsa recipe.


Corn Salsa


EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

1 small onion, diced

1-2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated (more if you like)

1 can diced tomatoes, drained partially

1-2 cups frozen corn kernels (add as much or as little as you like)

Salt and Pepper

Parsley

Cilantro, chopped

Lime


(to make it more Italian, omit the cilantro and lime and add oregano and nutmeg...this is equally as good)


Add 1-2 tbsp EVOO to a medium saute pan and heat to medium. Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook until onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and corn. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Let simmer about 10 minutes until corn and tomatoes are heated through. Mix in the juice of half a lime and cilantro before serving. Serve warm.

(For the Italian version add the oregano and dash of nutmeg when adding the salt, pepper and parsley.)


3 comments:

Jaime said...

I've given you a blogging award! See it here:
http://myburnttoast.blogspot.com/2008/05/love-makes-world-go-round.html

Kandice said...

Looks awesome.
Funny, reading your post made me remember a Brady Bunch episode. Haha.

Jaime said...

You are behind on blogging. I can't IMAGINE what you have to do all day. LOL! I'm just kidding.

I've tagged you for a meme, so you'll have something to do when you get a spare minute. ;)

Go here to read about it:
http://myburnttoast.blogspot.com/2008/06/im-it.html