Food to feed your whole family!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Inspired

I was inspired to start this site by my sister's blogsite Burnt Toast. We both share a passion for cooking. I moved home from college and moved in with my sister in 2004 and she introduce me to the Food Network. We began to cook together and haven't stopped sharing meals and recipes since (although I do have to adapt how hot some of her recipes are)!

I love to cook but I was a little (ok, a lot) overwhelmed when I had my son in 2006. I thought I would never have the time or energy to cook a "real" meal again. After 6 months we had established a routine and I decided to try really cooking and experimenting again. It has been great! Only now, a year later, I have to make sure that I fix foods that my toddler can eat while exposing him to the wonderful flavors that food has to offer. That is where to title of my blog, Mommy Meals, came from. I will be posting many recipes, most of which can be eaten by a toddler without sacrificing the bold flavors that I love!!

~Erin

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world sis! I will add you as a link on my site and I'll be checking back to see what yummy things you make soon.

deLa said...

ahhhhhh welcome erin!! cant wait for you to post!